06-Jun-2021, Ad#: 18374, Views: 757
Category: Media / PR / Events
Project Manager Events (Fulltime)
German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With more than 1500 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
Replacement for maternity leave
Starting date: mid-July
- Project lead and management for assigned big and small-scale events, incl. German Ball, General Meeting Chamber Evenings, Workshops, Roundtables, Stammtische etc.
- Responsible for assigned projects, including project planning, budgeting and financial closing, event partners, sponsors, and speaker acquisition, mailing target group develop-ment, tasks distribution, among events team, task controlling and follow-up with team members, venue/suppliers and contracting negotiations, project status update, on-site su-pervision of assigned projects, comprehensive quality control, project statistics, KPI, fore-cast and review etc.
- Responsible for marketing of the assigned projects, including event communication through various channels (e.g. newsletter, website, social media), content development, preparation and quality check, design and artwork etc.
- Relationship management with stakeholders (event venues, catering, agencies, speakers etc.), including support in acquiring new partners, negotiating with partners, supplier brief-ing and de-briefing (lessons learned process).
- Event scheduling, including developing and updating the yearly event and topic planning in close cooperation with the event team
- Contact point for German suppliers
- Content communication with event facilitators
- Development of new event formats
- Collection of information, industry insights and updates
- Assure that issues are handled within the shortest possible timeframe by following the guidelines of the office management and acting on own initiative to achieve best results.
- Most important aims are to position the German Chamber in the Chinese and German mar-ket as an important partner for foreign companies in China, to develop business and take care of and retain existing members as well as to increase the number of new members and to promote the Chamber image.
- Build and maintain close coordination with other internal departments of the German Chamber network (AHK) and (potential) external partners to find synergies and cooperation opportunities. This requires diplomatic sensitivity when handling members, partners and when interacting with official departments.
- Support for reporting to Chamber management and Board of Directors
- Constantly improve processes and services for the members of the Chamber
- Act as project lead and support the team for ad-hoc projects as needed
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Zoho (CRM tool)
- GlueUp (event management and newsletter tools)
- WeChat and Xiumi
- Strong organizational and project management skills to handle complex projects and sev-eral projects simultaneously.
- Responsible and reliable, with the ability to work independently to achieve individual tasks.
- Strong team working spirit to cooperate with the project management team to meet dead-lines and targets.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines.
- Flexible, self-motivated and reliable, with problem solving ability, strong sense of respon-sibility.
- Extremely detail-oriented working style.
- Very good communication and social skills, such as diplomatic sensitiveness, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to speak and present in front of large groups with high confidence
- Ability to communicate at all levels, especially senior levels of organizations
- Ability to develop ideas and suggestions for improvements of the work of the German Chamber.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside regular working hours at events.
German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai
Please send your cover letter and complete resume in German/English with salary requirements and earliest availability to the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Please mention "Workster.com Ad#18374" in your cover letter when applying for this position. |